Import

Feb 12, 2015 at 9:05 AM
Hi,

When I use the dixf import / export, ax crushed all empty fields

example; an entity with only the required fields + one extra field update: All fields not being in the entity are crushed, reset to zero.

Is there a standard solution? Are what your import window / export just treats this?

thank you
Coordinator
Mar 17, 2015 at 8:06 AM
Hi.

The Retail import/export solution in this codeplex solution is a much simpler and easier to use solution. It mainly handles simple datatypes, as CSV, Excel and XML. The end-user can define new import/export types, and also define the formatting.

In relation to DIXF, this solution is no competition to that. It is just a supplement, that can make import/export a bit easier. In then particularly in the area of importing products, prices, barcodes and retail hierarchies.

Have you tested that feature in this solution ?

//kurt
Mar 17, 2015 at 8:24 AM
I tested a little about your solution, but a lot of code depending on your needs , countries. We also get error beucoup with Golab retail solution (stack error stack ) . Certainly because of misuse from us.
We also get a lot of error with the Golab retail solution (stack error stack ) . Certainly because of misuse from us.

On price management , your solution you it creates price agreement?
Our need is to push the price agreement central to shops, without crushing their own agreements
Coordinator
Mar 17, 2015 at 8:30 AM
Depending on how you import it, the code should be quite stable. If you import using XPO, you need to import it two times, so make sure the table relations etc is in place.

I have tried to make the code as generic as possible, and if you find code that is country spesific, please post it here and it will be fixed.

The main idea behind the solution is to have prices on Product Level, and that it posts price journals into each legal entity. The pricing is two way, so you should be able to have local prices, and be sure that theese is not overridden by the global prices.

I will later see if I can upload some more documentation related to the solution, and it may be more clear then.

Happy DAX'ing